This is a review of the Undine Asuna sword from EZ Cosplay!
I bought it at this link.
(Edit: EZ Cosplay has also asked me to include a link to a version of this sword WITHOUT the sheath. )
This is a link to their Facebook Page.
I bought this gift for my girlfriend @CeltyFarron. There are a few pros and cons to this sword so I will keep it very simple.
- The sword is beautiful and looks extremely realistic to the Anime and Light Novel
- The colors are realistic and the handle is beautifully made
- The size is scaled properly (Not too big and not too small)
- It comes with a sheath and it fits nicely
- It is very flimsy
- The handle falls apart easily
- Sheath is pretty much useless. (Scratches the sword and does not really protect it
Simply put, this is a beautiful but fragile sword. I highly recommend this to anyone that is looking to buy a Cosplay prop that looks like it is straight out of the anime.
I do, however, advise you to proceed with caution if you plan to leave the house with this at all.
EZ Cosplay makes decent swords but it is a bit of a “hit or miss”. For example, this one is made of mostly foam. Some of EZ Cosplay’s swords also have a layer of PVC on either side of the blade to reinforce it. This one does not leaving it VERY flimsy.
The handle fell apart after a few months, but it was easy to glue it all back together.
Since my girlfriend and I travel a lot to attend different cons, we needed a strong sword.
This one was the beauty but not the strength.
If you are careful with the sword, it is definitely a good buy!